Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Saddlebrook Village

A cold breeze blows through the hallway
of an apartment complex soon to be abandoned
for another location equally worthy of the memories
that were made in the last year, memories
both ugly and beautiful, many, yet few
in the grand timeline that frames our lifetime,
some insignificant looking back,
others that form the newest outer-layer
of my existence,
fragile, yet strengthening,
fragments slowly forming a whole,
the man I always knew myself to be
is slowly coming into focus
when I look at myself in the mirror,
once a sad, lonely man who
struggled by the day
has broken into ash
for the chance to be born again
as a better man,
the first shoot
of a majestic redwood emerges
from the ashes of a lesser tree,
its peak is unknown, probably farther
than the eyes can see,
yet its highest branch
is only a green nub today,
it will grow higher than anyone
could dare to dream of,
and it happens by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment